Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Music

Rap and I have an awkward relationship.
It's hard for us to balance our lives with each other's.
Sometimes what I want in rap isn't what I get.
And it hurts.

Most popular rappers now-a-day pull in suburban kids with lyrics that are silly and contrived.
I don't like a whole lot of that.
G-Clef is one my favorite rappers.
Mainly because his lyrics are real and subtle.
I wish Goin' to the Desert was on youtube, or any kind of online hosting source so I could possibly share what kind of rap I like to the world.






On the other side of the musical spectrum, I've been listening to my vinyl records of Bach, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky.
Most of my Bach records are warped, so I can only listen to 2 of them.
At least the Brandenburg Concerto is on one of the two.

2 comments:

lilbent said...

You should look up MC Chris. I can burn you some. He's a pretty incredible rapper, I think you might like him.

sorry, charlie said...

you have classical records.
what the heck do you need sunglasses for?